|一：1. according to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
2. the latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3. no invention has received more praise and abuse than internet.
4. people seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. an increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.
6. when it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
7. many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.
8. proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. an increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. however, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
二 1. there is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem： the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
2. an investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
3. a proper part-time job does not occupy students’ too much time. in fact， it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. as an old saying goes： all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
4. any government， which is blind to this point， may pay a heavy price.
5. nowadays， many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. unfortunately， for most young people， it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
6. in view of the seriousness of this problem， effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
7. the majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills， which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
8. it is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
9. although this view is wildly held， there is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
10. no one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.
三 1. people equate success in life with the ability of operating computer.
2. in the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
3. in fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
4. we should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
5. people believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
6. the information i’ve collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
7. now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduate.
8. this is a matter of life and death-a matter no country can afford to ignore.
9. for my part, i agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
10. before giving my opinion, i think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.